Make the Holiday a Little Brighter
Kids in foster care face more uncertainty on any given day than most of us can imagine in a lifetime. Let’s make the Holiday the one day that’s brighter.
2017 Toy Collection Has Begun!
We’re collecting donations of toys, gift cards or money now through November 27, 2017. Our goal is to collect 2,000 toys to ensure every child we serve gets at least one new gift this year.
See how meaningful even the smallest gifts can be to a kid in foster care.
If you would like to donate new toys or host a toy collection for new toys valued at $15 for children ages infant to 18, please contact Anna Benton, Chief Administrative Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some ideas for the Toy Drive:
- Action Figures
- Arts and Crafts Sets
- Basketballs, Footballs and Soccer Balls
- Brewers, Packers and Bucks (shirts, hats, etc.)
- Building Sets
- Cars, Trucks and Tractors
- Educational Toys
- Gift Cards
- Infant Toys
- Ladies Bath and Body Gift Sets
- Pretend Play and Dress Up
- Super Hero Items
How to host a toy drive at your place of work, church, daycare, or other:
- Obtain a large box
- Wrap it in Holiday wrapping paper
- Tape this poster onto the box
- Set the box out and publicize it (send an email, post on social media, talk it up!)
- Contact Anna Benton when the box gets full to make arrangements to drop the toys off
Related Reads:Blog: 15 Occupational Therapy Recommended Sensory Toys.
Blog: 7 Gift Ideas for a Small Budget.
Blog: Top 7 Toys for Teens.
Article: Small Business Makes Big Impact on Toy Drive.
Article: Sensory Processing Disorders & the “Just Right” Zone.